Hello my fellow readers and bookworms!
I realize that I have been absent for a little while because of work, life, etc :) But I am back now with the exciting news that I have been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award, nominated by a great fellow blogger, Zezee with Books. The award was originally created and posted by Eve at Edge of Night.
The Rules (as posted by Eve):
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).
How Sorry, I’m Booked Started:
To be honest, I’m not really sure how the idea of starting a blog implanted itself into my head. But it did. I originally hoped for it be more than just a book blog, but I realized quickly that simplicity was key for me and this blog.
I wanted a place where I could share my love for books, what I wanted to read, what I was currently reading, and my thoughts.
I created that space in this blog and I soon started a second blog, Learning to Hopscotch, to fill in the gaps with the many thoughts and concerns of my twenty something life.
I don’t intend to ever stop reading which I hope means that I won’t stop blogging, at least for the foreseeable future ;).
My Advice for My Fellow Bloggers:
Blog about what you are passionate about and what you love, especially if you are blogging for fun/ not for work.
I am always reading about other bloggers giving the advice of having a schedule where you post regularly or at least semi-regularly. I try to do that with this blog, but I don’t always succeed.
I also think that you shouldn’t have the main goal of gaining as many likes or follows (this isn’t Facebook haha). I think as long as you continue to enjoy it and be yourself, you’ll gain followers :).
Because I have two blogs and follow other blogs that are more than just about books, you’ll find a variety of different blog types in my list. As was suggested, I did some digging and found some new cool blogs. Hopefully you will find some new ones too! So, without further ado, here is my list in no particular order:
- My Little Book Blog
- The Bookworm Girls @ A Bookworm’s Perfect Apple
- Turn the Page Reviews
- Greenish Bookshelf
- Emily Seals @ Margins
- Hannah @ All-Purpose and Semi-Sweet
- Kendel @ Little Misadventures
- Sonya @ Single Strides
- Young and Twenty
- Another Afterthought
- A Kernel of Nonsense
- Amber @ Amberarium – Written.
- No End in Sight
- Book Guy Reviews
Congrats to all the bloggers and keep doing what you’re doing! :)
I have at least three new posts coming your way, so keep your eye out!
Happy Reading <3 Nicole