“Women are going to form a chain, a greater sisterhood than the world has ever known.” – Nellie L. McClung
“Because theres one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood.” – Robin Benway, The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June
I am happy to say that I have been nominated for another award, the amazing and positive Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! I have been nominated by the lovely Megan at Some Books & Other Stuff, to who I give many thanks! This is a great award celebrating the many wonderful, unique, and strong female voices around the world. I am happy to be a part of it and can’t wait to pass it along! :)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten blogs.
- What’s your favorite genre? My favorite genre would have to be Sci-fi/ Fantasy, with a particular love for urban fantasy.
- Which fictional character would you want as a roommate (either the bff kind or the bump along nicely without annoying each other kind)? Ooh, this one is hard! I think I would highly enjoy having Hermione from Harry Potter as a roommate or Arya from Song of Ice and Fire.
- What big, everyone loved it book did you just not “get”? I have lots, but most recently, Station Eleven. I was so bored. Hmm, I could take the easy way and say Twilight, though I don’t think I’ve read a lot of ‘popular’ books enough recently to be able to fully answer this. Soon, though!
- What’s your horoscope sign and do you actually believe it? I am a Gemini and every description I’ve read sounds like me through and through, so I have to believe it at least partially ;)
- What’s your favorite food? Does chocolate count? If it doesn’t, sweet potatoes!
- Do you like nonfiction? I don’t outright dislike it, it just depends on the topic.
- Do you have a favorite sport/team? Football (american) is what I probably follow the most, and even then not a lot. I am a huge follower of my Alma Mater football team, the Oregon State University Beavers. For NFL, I tend to root for the Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos.
- TV or movies? (I’m more of a movie girl myself) Hmm, I think I would have to say TV.
- What are the next 3 books on your TBR list? A Clockwork Orange, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, & Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
- If you had to pick a favorite book, what would it be? Always a tough question. I have a tie: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Now that I have answered these questions, it’s time for me to ask! For those that I nominate here are my ten questions:
- What do you love about blogging?
- What event, thought, etc. inspired and prompted you to start a blog?
- What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
- What is your favorite hobby or past-time?
- What was the last book you finished?
- What is your favorite book genre?
- Are you currently binge-watching anything?
- How many different countries have you traveled to?
- Are you a baker or a cooker? Or neither?
- What is the one big thing that you hope to happen in the next year?
Alright my lovely readers, my nominations are (in no particular order):