“Women are going to form a chain, a greater sisterhood than the world has ever known.” – Nellie L. McClung
“Because theres one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood.” – Robin Benway, The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June
I am happy to say that I have been nominated for another award, the amazing and positive Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! I have been nominated by the lovely Megan at Some Books & Other Stuff, to who I give many thanks! This is a great award celebrating the many wonderful, unique, and strong female voices around the world. I am happy to be a part of it and can’t wait to pass it along! :)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
- What’s your favorite genre? My favorite genre would have to be Sci-fi/ Fantasy, with a particular love for urban fantasy.
- Which fictional character would you want as a roommate (either the bff kind or the bump along nicely without annoying each other kind)? Ooh, this one is hard! I think I would highly enjoy having Hermione from Harry Potter as a roommate or Arya from Song of Ice and Fire.
- What big, everyone loved it book did you just not “get”? I have lots, but most recently, Station Eleven. I was so bored. Hmm, I could take the easy way and say Twilight, though I don’t think I’ve read a lot of ‘popular’ books enough recently to be able to fully answer this. Soon, though!
- What’s your horoscope sign and do you actually believe it? I am a Gemini and every description I’ve read sounds like me through and through, so I have to believe it at least partially ;)
- What’s your favorite food? Does chocolate count? If it doesn’t, sweet potatoes!
- Do you like nonfiction? I don’t outright dislike it, it just depends on the topic.
- Do you have a favorite sport/team? Football (american) is what I probably follow the most, and even then not a lot. I am a huge follower of my Alma Mater football team, the Oregon State University Beavers. For NFL, I tend to root for the Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos.
- TV or movies? (I’m more of a movie girl myself) Hmm, I think I would have to say TV.
- What are the next 3 books on your TBR list? A Clockwork Orange, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, & Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
- If you had to pick a favorite book, what would it be? Always a tough question. I have a tie: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Now that I have answered these questions, it’s time for me to ask! For those that I nominate here are my ten questions:
- What do you love about blogging?
- What event, thought, etc. inspired and prompted you to start a blog?
- What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
- What is your favorite hobby or past-time?
- What was the last book you finished?
- What is your favorite book genre?
- Are you currently binge-watching anything?
- How many different countries have you traveled to?
- Are you a baker or a cooker? Or neither?
- What is the one big thing that you hope to happen in the next year?
Alright my lovely readers, my nominations are (in no particular order):