Last week I did a post listing books that I read that I thought are perfect for October aka spooky season. For this post, since I have so many books on my TBR, I thought I would list books that are still on my TBR that I think would also be perfect for spooky season. Since I would end up making many parts to this, I decided to just list the books that really stood out to me and that I’m really looking forward to reading.
For this list, I’m also going more off the blurb than what I’m told the genre is .. so I’ll most likely be listing books that are across genres. It’s entirely possible that many of these won’t necessarily fall under the descriptor of ‘spooky’. Titles link to Goodreads.
- Authority by Jeff VanderMeer
- Acceptance by Jeff VanderMeer
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- If I Disappear by Eliza Jane Brazier
- We Know You Remember by Tove Alsterdal,
- The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton
- Our Last Echoes by Kate Alice Marshall
- The Death of Jane Lawrence by Caitlin Starling
- Those Who Prey by Jennifer Moffett
- Survive the Night by Riley Sager
- Hold Back the Tide by Melinda Salisbury
- Dark Matter by Michelle Paver
- The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
- Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep #1) by Mira Grant
- The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley
Did I miss the mark on any of these? What are some books on your TBR that would be great for this spooky season?
I will say that some of these are probably more psychologically spooky while some have more horror and creepy aspects. And some are just mystery/thrillers, which is one of my favorite genres.
I look forward to reading these at some point soon, take some notes and maybe come back with an updated list since some might end up not being a great pick for spooky season. All I have to do is actually read some of these.